This term our phase is: Just like me!
This is what we are learning about this term in Maths:
These are the Early Learning Goals for Maths for the end of the Reception Year:
Early Learning Goal in Number
- Children at the expected level of development will:
- Have a deep understanding of number to 10, including the composition of each number;
- Subitise (recognise quantities without counting) up to 5;
- Automatically recall (without reference to rhymes, counting or other aids) number bonds up to 5 (including subtraction facts) and some number bonds to 10, including double facts.
- Verbally count beyond 20, recognising the pattern of the counting system;
- Compare quantities up to 10 in different contexts, recognising when one quantity is greater than, less than or the same as the other quantity;
- Explore and represent patterns within numbers up to 10, including evens and odds, double facts and how quantities can be distributed equally.
Parents, feel like Maths is being taught in ways that you didn't learn when you were at school? Check out these excellent videos by clicking the below link that will help explain the way your child is taught through our Maths curriculum at ABC!